"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, September 18, 2006

Decisions

I guess we all have to grow up sometime.
And now, at the tail end of being all of 28 years old,
I've decided to:

1. Be more 'feminine'.
It's not that I'm trying to be someone I'm not. I can be feminine if I want to be, but I'm just too darn lazy! So I guess it's about making more effort.

A case in point - at SY's hen night last week, I showed up with what I had on me and just one very small bag. Just one change of clothing, minimum toiletries and hardly any cosmetics.

Everyone else brought at least more than one bag, and some brought a suitcase (the aircrew rolling type) - with a few options of clothes, toiletries, shoes, make-up and fragrance.

I guess I'm too lazy I prefer to travel light. It was a one-nighter anyway. But I really ought to do something about my very, uh, limited arsenal of make-up. I've been using the same lipsticks for over 5 years. Foundation, 3 years. Eye shadow, don't really use them. Mascara, don't really need them. While I recently acquired a blusher brush just 3 months ago, my blusher has been with me for 2 years. Geekchic, are you cringing yet?

Well, I do plan to get a nice shimmery lipstick soon. A liquid eye-liner. Okay, maybe a mascara. And I ran out of my 3-year old foundation.

2. Buy a home
I've been looking around for a house in my single storey link neighbourhood for sometime, but the houses that opened up for sale were either too worn down (the area is as old as I am) or too done up (read 'tackily renovated'). Plus old property requires more money (read 'thousands') spent on legal fees and you'll never if there are hidden problems like leaks and termites.

My friend's dad has a house on the street next to mine, and I've been eyeing it for awhile. But he's not planning to sell it for the time being.

So. I bought an apartment in the city.

I won't say it was an impulsive decision. I've known about this development for some time and the developer is quite reputable (so I know they won't abandon the project midway and swindle my money). More importantly, it was within my limited budget and I don't really have to start paying the instalments till it's completed in 3 years time. Plus free S&P and stuff like that too.

I was with my dad at his gastroenterologist's clinic and it happened to be near the sales office. I put off visiting the showroom since it was launched a couple of months back, so I didn't think there would be any units left. But whaddya know... there were 3 available. Pretty decent ones too... and within my budget. Before I knew it, I put down a deposit, and the home loan is being processed as I write.

Cos this place is smack in the city, I don't plan to move in when it's completed. I'll rent it out and maybe sell it after a few years (hopefully after a substantial appreciation). Then get a landed place where Sunshine can run about.

Well, this is probably the most 'grown up' thing I've done. It feels good. And scary, but the good kind of scary.

Kinda like the good type of pain I'm feeing now after the Terry Fox Run yesterday. It started later than scheduled cos of the overwhelming response. So it got really hot when we finally started at 9 plus. Eventually it became more of a walk for me. But it was fun... and all for a good cause - The Cancer Research Initiatives Foundation!

Labels:

4 wandered by:

Blogger Karen said...

oh wow, a new place!!! CONGRATS!!!

and who are these girls you know, who require a rolling suitcase for an overnighter??!!

4:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can be considered a girly girl right? I have a little more makeup than you and I'd have carried the same stuff as you for the overnighter... maybe 1 extra change of clothes, and that's about it. Congrats on the house purchase too :)

12:04 pm  
Blogger itchyfeet said...

We have a target! We will make sure we head there cbk!
Feminity!! Whoohoo...hot chick!! Keep it up cbk..just comb ur hair..n get that DRESS we saw last nite!!

1:18 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Snowie: WHEEEEEEEEE! As for rolling suitcases *shrugs* HAHAHAHA! :)

Cyn: At least you wear make-up when you go out... I can't be bothered (I only do so when there's like a function or a big dinner or something). Yeah, I'm THAT lazy. Even skincare (which is a must) is such a chore, but I guess decent skin is the least I should have! :)

Itchy: Yes Chaboh! And I DO comb my hair. It just doesn't behave sometimes. Wah.. mahal lah itu baju... think think first la!

2:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home