"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Names, doggy style!

Sunshine's MKA (Malaysian Kennel Association) certificate came in the mail today.



My, my. Such is the life of a pedigree.
Her ancestry (up to her great-great-grandparents) is quite an impressive one. I didn't know she had such a high-achieving bloodline. A handful of Malaysian champs, and an Australian champ.


(How sweet. A great-great-grandmother's name is Moonshine. Note the Aussie stud, FINCHAVEN ELTEEY. So action hor?)

And boy, do they have such funny names.



I mean... "CHICKALOO MERRY MAN OF LYFAME"?
ROTFL!!!

Apparently, the first name is derived from the registered breeder's kennel name. This is followed by the name(s) of your choice. Some breeders indicate the litter batch in the name as well. Sunshine's maternal grandfather is called GETH BULLET THREE. I assume this is one example. Heh.

If I were to ever breed her, what would I name her puppies?
(Sunshine's registered name is actually SHALOM GAYE. My mom renamed her 'SUNSHINE' when we got her.)

Hypothetically speaking, I'd have to register my 'kennel' with MKA. Wandernut? Wanderwoof? Wandermutt? Yeah... WANDERMUTT!

Now the other fun names.
When translated, my surname in Chinese means 'summer'. It'd be nice to include that. And I always wanted to name my dogs COOKIE or BISKIT or MUFFIN. How predictable, huh?

If I ever have a litter of pups and decide to keep one for myself, his or her name would be... taddaaaaaaaa... WANDERMUTT SUMMER COOKIE.

Nice.

I like.

But me thinks KAMAHILI BROWNIE OHU OHU is pretty cool too.

Hey, there's 'BROWNIE' in it.
Can't go wrong I say!
:)

Labels:

6 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~geekchic
Bwahhahaha. Soh poh! :D Gimme name? I'm also nutty sometimes :) Nutgeek?Geeknut?geekerynut? NuttyGeek? Anything but nutty professor :)

8:28 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

HAHAHAHAHAHH. You wait lah. One day if you ever do your PhD or lecture (eh good money in aussieland you know), I WILL call you Nutty Professor. Bwahahahahahaah!!!!

11:13 am  
Blogger Spot said...

Moonshine! So cool.

Sooooo action oh, some of her ancestors.

Wandermutt is nice, but i like wanderwoof better!!

Summer cookie sounds really good. Lab summor, so padan the colour.

10:54 am  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

With a name like WANDERWOOF SUMMER COOKIE how can she NOT win awards.

11:51 am  
Blogger Karen said...

wah, my dad's dog is FEMES!!!

i vote for WONDERMUTT SUMMER BISKIT!

i once also had a pedigree domerman with a foot-long name. we called her FIFI :)

1:09 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Spot & Snowie: Woof Woof! If Sunshine could read, she'd be wondering why we're already naming HER babies! Especially when she's still a baby herself. Hahahaha. Fifi... isn't that the little poodle from a Warner Brothers cartoon?

Mint: I don't know if she has showdog potential, but she sure is beautiful as a family pet.

2:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home