"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, February 04, 2008

Slacking

All it takes is to slow down for one week and I lose momentum.

On Saturdays, I normally have a one-hour swim, followed by a one hour run at the gym. Sundays are usually for cycling or for a long run outdoors. If there are no outdoor rides/runs, I'd go for an RPM class and run indoors. Weekdays are flexible as long as I clock in at least 2x runs or 1x run and 1x RPM class. I try to have at least 4-5 hours a week for training, but the past week has been kinda slack.

My left foot has been hurting on and off since the 30k run 2 weeks ago so I thought I should give it a break. Then the long bike ride last Sunday kinda tired me out a little, and couple that with lack of sleep from some late nights at work, I really couldn't do much. Then it was my birthday weekend. I had a bout of insomnia after my surprise party and couldn't sleep, so I missed another bike ride yesterday. If my bike could talk, it'd be very upset with me. Especially after I packed it all very nicely in the car the night before.

Then I scrapped the idea of running at the gym instead cos I was feeling kinda blur the entire day. And this morning, I set the alarm to wake up early for a run, but it was drizzling. The pitter patter of rain outside lulled me into deep slumber again, and I got up late... for work.

Really must get back into the swing of it.
I must!

Labels:

3 wandered by:

Blogger tryathlete said...

sometimes a week of slacking off is good. you give your body an opportunity to rebuild all the muscles its torn during your workouts. and when you start working out again, you will feel stronger.

oh... and happy belated birthday.

10:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~`geekchic

no need lar. come eat icecream straight from tub with me. HAHAHHAHA

6:16 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Tryathlete: Thanks! :) Yar, a break is good. Ah, the joys of sleeping in...

Geek: Ice cream! We have! We eat ice cream with waffles almost everyday in the office!!!

12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home