"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, February 03, 2008

3-0ink

I woke up on Saturday with dread. Not because I turned 30, but because I had to work and present an online to the client. Fortunately, things went pretty well and the client service director did not throw a fit or press the panic button. Good start to the day.

I went over to D's place after and had lunch with his folks who just got back from India that morning. They got me a very pretty black and silver-gold saree. It's gorgeous. Thank you. I must learn how to wrap that thing.

And after a "I haven't gotten you a present lah" act (which resulted in some minor sulking), D surprised me with a pair of running shoes. Of the right type. In the right size. And in the right colour scheme.

Hwaaaaaaa..... I was so impressed. Just when I was about to go out and hunt for a new pair myself. My almost one-year old pair were showing signs of wear. And though they served me well in the past year, they probably only have one more race left in them. Thanks, D. Muaks. Can't wait to take these new babies out for their first run and break them in.

We played Boggle with his folks for pretty much the whole afternoon before we went out for dinner. I wasn't fussy about dinner. I was just hungry. Anywhere would do. And just as we arrived at our usual bak kut teh joint, I caught a glimpse of a very familiar bald head. Then I saw a few very familiar heads (with hair). What the...?!

I turned to D and all he said was, "Surprise!"
I was so stunned, I didn't even know how to get out of the passenger seat. I finally got out and I didn't know what to say, except thank you. There were 2 cakes with too many candles to blow out (delicious chocolate brownie from the gang and a smiley cake from LY's sister).

There were balloons and banners on the wall. And they even made a hand-painted singlet with big yellow boobs, which I had to wear most of the night. Er, don't ask. It was really funny though.

So there were my dearest buddies from work. My chaboh and MF. D's gang. Even CC from the band. Apparently there were supposed to be about 30 people for my 30th birthday, but some couldn't make it in the end. Anyhoo, to make the birthday an even piggier one on top of BKT, I got a roast pork (delicious), coffee beans and a gorgeous mixing bowl as pressies.

It was quite bizarre to see my friends from different places all in one place, and I was pretty much in a daze the entire night. Maybe it was the few sips of beer. Dinner ended with some cake, and a few us adjourned to Sunway Pyramid for coffee and hot chocolate.

Today, Sunday, was a little less eventful.
Overslept so I couldn't go cycling :(
Had two and a half roti canais at my favourite roti joint with D.
Scrapped my plans to go to the gym - was feeling really lazy.
AND I stuffed my face with some yummy roast pork.

So I bummed at home, paid some bills online and panicked at my bank balance (especially now that the cheque for the kitchen cabinets had cleared) *sob*. Drove my folks around on errands. Had a birthday dinner with my family. And then bummed at home some more with Sunshine at my feet. Nice.

Chinese New Year in a few days time.
Time is flying by oh-so-quickly.

Thanks everybody for quite a birthday celebration. More pictures to follow as soon as I can find my USB cable for the phone. I can't remember where I put it. And nope, it's not a sign of aging. I've had bad memory for as long as I can remember. Which isn't very much. Heh.

Labels:

3 wandered by:

Blogger Jaja Shah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! now u same age with me :p dadadididuuu

11:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minor sulking my well cushioned behind. The long silence, the LCLY attitude..that was a fun afternoon.


D

10:55 am  
Blogger adriene said...

happy birthday weina :)

adriene

12:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home