"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ho-Ho-Ho

For fear of sounding like a bimbo, I suggest you skip this post unless you're a dear old friend who knows me well enough to know I'm not one. But anyway, AACCCCKKKKK!!! I've put on 2kg in ONE month!

Who / What is to blame:
1. Coming back to this company - We go for daily hearty lunches. And dear dear JH is constantly tempting me with all-day buttered toasts, sweet kopi-o, chocolate, orange poppy seed muffins and candy in her 'little larder'.
2. Too lazy for the gym - because I've been working more late nights than before, I find it hard to go at the end of a long day. And even harder to wake up in the morning before work for a run. Plus, it's been raining most mornings these days. You know, those MUST-SLEEP-IN mornings. I really must get into a proper exercising routine again. I can't get into my jeans!
3. It's the festive season - so alot of my foodie indulgences are easily justified.

Speaking of which, my family will be enjoying a Christmas turkey dinner at home with this modest little spread, two weeks from now:

~ Mushroom Cappucino Soup OR Spiced Pumpkin Soup
~ Mesclun Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette and Croutons
~ Garlic Mashed Potatoes
~ Roast Turkey with Sage, Onion & Sausage Stuffing served with Cranberry Jelly
~ Chocolate Volcanoes OR Frosted Flourless Citrus Cake
~ Iced Lemongrass Tea
~ Wine



On other matters -
The owner of my doggy-to-be decided not to sell the puppy. His brother has grown rather attached to it, so it looks like there won't be a doggy in my house this Christmas after all. Bummer.

Labels:

4 wandered by:

Blogger The Box said...

Gosh, what's wrong with a little meat on a lady? Why you gotta be like, rake thin?
You got NOTHING to be insecure about.
NOTHING.
Who are you basing all this on anyway?
Tyra Banks?
I mean, look at Tyra Banks.
No really. look at her.
Oh wow, look at Tyra Banks.
Gosh.
My my.
Gosh, how you gonna look like her if you keep eating like that, girl?

4:01 pm  
Blogger ... said...

Was so looking forward to meeting Sunshine :(

Am still looking forward to Weina's baked goodies :)

**(Haha! It's now public, there are witnesses, so you HAVE to feed me!)

9:12 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Box: Yes, I know I can always count on you to make me good about myself, BUDDY :P Hahahahaah

Marianne: YUMMERS! Will you share your secret fantastic truffle recipe?

Rin: Yes dear. Read you loud and clear. So did everyone else. Hahahaah.

10:08 am  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

*smacks Box on the head*

The menu sounds so good!

I told you that I'm getting rid of Chutney. I was going to take $10 for him but as a friend he's yours for $2 (and the price of the plane ticket).

10:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home