"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, October 01, 2007

I'm getting my bike! Wooohooo!

I went to the bike shop in Taman Megah today to take another look at the 2007 Scott Speedster S30 I saw a few weeks back. Its price went down to RM3k now that the new batch of bikes for 2008 had arrived. The cheaper, full 105 groupset 2007 Merida 904 at KSH Taman Tun was already sold out (2008 bikes only arriving in November), so I made up my mind to get the Scott (it's a really nice and fierce looking red and black bike)... until I laid eyes on its successor.

I first saw it online the other day and drooled over its sleek white frame and slightly improved bits (such as a carbon fork from the upper end Addict range). But when it was right in front of me at the shop, I knew I had to make it mine.


2008 Scott Speedster S30 (click here for the specs)

The best part, it costs 'just' RM300 more than the 2007 model. Worth the extra me thinks (RK and LS, my bike si-fus approve as well). And what you can't see in the picture is the shape of the top tube. It's triangular (CR1 geometry), which means it's stronger than the cylindrical tube of its predecessor. The Addict fork will also absorb more road vibration than the 2007 fork.

And it's white. All white.
I love it! I love it!

They're putting the bike together in my size, and I'll be bike-fitting it tomorrow. Aaarrrgghhh! I can't contain my excitement. I'm gonna be so broke cos I still need to get the helmet, the spare tubes and padded cycling shorts on top of all that. Arrrgghhhh!

What should I name it?

POST EDIT: The bike's gorgeous.
And I got matching bottles to go with it.
Score! The clip pedals and shoes will have to wait though, cos I should get used to bike first before I learn how to use them. They're not cheap either. So maybe in December.

Labels: ,

5 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~`geekchic

yay. then you can tie a pretty basket, put a ribbon and plonk sunshine there and take her for rides =D

5:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1.Moonshine aka White Lightning
2.Rebel (After your white deck)
3.Almondo (Sounds European, after the nut)..and you will be riding him/it.
4.Johnny T/Tomac Attack (Guy from cycling hall of fame)
5.FlashNut?
Hahahahaaaaa...


D

6:09 pm  
Blogger farked said...

dunno abt the names, but i've got a bike helmet somewhere in the house. many years old, and never used.

you're welcome to it. cant judge for wat shape it's in. however, considering it's never been used....

10:05 pm  
Blogger keensoon said...

Hey I need to ask you about bike prices and specs when I get back. Try to buzz u when got time lah. My budget not so geng chow though needs to be under 2k.

12:25 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Geek: Hahahaha! I really wonder where to hang the basket lor like that....

D: I like Almondo... HAHAHAHAHAA! As for Rebel - the deck all weenies wannnn!! :D Hahahaaha

Farked: Cool! Any savings are more than appreciated! At least until I can afford to get the ideal helmet to match the bike i.e a white Met Estro (RM280)... sigh :(

Keen: I'm not an expert at all when it comes to bikes. In fact I did my shopping and hunting under the guidance of my 'sifus' (colleague and ex-colleague who are hard core biker/triathletes). For 2k you can prolly get a bike with cheaper gear parts. Mine's a Shimano 105 (3rd grade)... and under Shimano there are like 5 grades.

You could also put up an ad looking for a 2nd hand bike for 2k at www.bicyclebuysell.com. People are upgrading everyday, so you could get a pretty decent bike for cheaper.

4:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home