"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sumatra from Starbucks

My first pack of Starbucks coffee, the Italian Roast, lasted me a good and slow 2-3 months (I don't make my coffee very strong anyway). I loved the Italian Roast. It's so yummy I can drink it on its own without sugar. Wonderful with chocolate chip cookies. Or just simply, chocolate. Dark chocolate. Mmmmm...

Got my second pack of Starbucks coffee over the weekend and chose another extra bold coffee from Sumatra. At RM33 it's 5 bucks more than the Italian Roast.

Sumatra (according to the coffee passport) is a smooth, full-bodied coffee. It has an earthy flavour with subtle herbal and spicy notes that are characteristic of Indonesian coffees:
processing method
semi-washed

complementary flavours
cinnamon, oatmeal, maple, butter
classification
extra bold
key term
earthy
similar coffee
Sulawesi
My take on it? OK-lah. It was dark and smokey. Definitely earthy, but without the lovely chocolatey taste I loved in the Italian Roast. It definitely has a kick and gives quite a buzz. But I probably wouldn't buy this one again.

Multi-region / Dark Roast blend (check)
Asia Pacific region (check)
Latin America (next)
African / Arabian (next)
My FREE 5th pack - most likely going back to the Italian Roast, or I may try the Espresso Roast. But at the slow rate I'm drinking my coffee, it'd be another half a year before I get my freebie.

Labels:

0 wandered by:

Post a Comment

<< Home