"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Of boobs and gynaes

It's been almost a year since I got my boobs checked. I first got it done last year after finding a lump in my left boob, which turned out to be a cyst. One of FIVE cysts in both boobs. The radiologist said I was quite a 'lumpy person' (gee, thanks) and prone to cysts. They are usually harmless, but I was advised to scan them annually, on top of monthly self-checks (which I've been quite lazy to do lately), just to be on the safe side.

Next week, I'm going to get a pap smear and a pelvic ultrasound done. My 'monthly friend' has been erratic for most of my life, averaging between once every 3 weeks to 8 weeks. It never really bothered me cos my doctor told me at my first pap smear that it's quite common for young ladies to have irregular periods. Well, that was 7 years ago and I gather I'm not exactly a 'young' lady anymore.

But when I started training hard for my half-marathon, my 'monthly friend' decided to do a disappearing act. No sign of it in July. Then August. Then September. 3 whole months! I didn't lose or gain any weight and I was eating normally, so I found it really strange. And just as I started looking for a gynae and getting paranoid about ovarian or cervical cancer or things of that sort, it finally came. With a bloody vengeance.

Now that it's over, I can breathe a sigh of relief. But just to be sure, I'm going to get it checked the same time I scan my boobs. And while I'm in a body check-up mode, I'm gonna go for some bloodwork too, for cholesterol and sugar levels, the whole works.

So ladies. Please do go and get yourselves checked out, especially if you've never had a full medical done before. And if you don't already do a self-examination for your boobs, you should. If you need a hand, let me know. Hee hee hee! I'll get you brochures laaa ;-)

Oh yes, a pap smear sounds scary, but it's really not that bad and is over really quickly.

And to think some guys make a big deal about doctors grabbing their balls. Sheesh.

Labels: ,

3 wandered by:

Blogger Yue-li said...

"...and I was eating normally..."

What does this mean exactly?

Hee hee.

1:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warning:

There have been reports of an attractive woman in her twenties, with short dark hair offering free breast consultation/examinations with a lesbian oriented ulterior motive.

11:07 am  
Blogger Fruit of Eden said...

wow.. thanks for sharing your Intimate girlie details... :P hahaha

6:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home