"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Adrenaline crash

It's almost like a sugar crash.
Only you can't fix it as easily.

I guess it's the build up towards Christmas, what with the many gigs leading up to December since October. It was a non-stop work-rehearsal-work-gig-work-rehearsal-gig-gig kinda life. Tiring, but great fun. And now, I suddenly don't know what to do with myself. Hahaha!

It was really nice to have something to look forward to. And to tell the truth, I enjoyed the process more than the final product.

Anyway, gigs with the band of 'legal brothers' went reasonably well. I guess with functions and weddings, we were just out there having fun, with or without screw-ups. No stress. Our latest wedding gig at One Bangsar was cool. Lots of dancing. Lots of people were letting loose. It was nice to feel the energy from the audience.

The gig on Christmas Eve with Fancy Poultry went okay. Although I effed up here and there, haha. Couldn't hear myself sometimes, which I found out later was due to the way I held my mike (aiyaaa). A bad case of nerves didn't help either - soundman said I sounded more confident during the soundcheck (sigh). Felt like shooting myself. Good learning experience though.

Taking this week to slowly shake off the lethargy and bleh-ness.
Been too lazy to blog. Or work. Or do anything for that matter. Heck, even getting out of bed feels like a Herculean effort.

Yet to blog about my Christmas feast at home.
Yet to blog about my very shortlived, futile attempt at girly-ness.
And yet to do helluvalotta things I'm supposed to do before the year is out. Sigh. Will do so as soon as I step out of the fog that is my brain at this moment.

Labels: , , ,

0 wandered by:

Post a Comment

<< Home