"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, November 30, 2006

In Memoriam

It's been 10 years since Ah Ma lost her battle with cancer. She has been dealt a rough hand in life, but she is one amazing woman (click here to read about it) and a real survivor. In fact, she survived her first bout of cancer before succumbing the second time, ten years after the first.

It's obvious to me that the 'resilience' gene in my family came from her. And every time the going gets tough, I think of Ah Mah and know that no hardship is too great to overcome.

All that could be said about her has been said, and said well by my aunt, right here.



We miss you.
(I especially miss your terror curry puffs and bak chang, hehe).

Labels: ,

3 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~geekchic
*hugs* she does sound like a terror-geng-chau woman :) Is that where you got the culinary skills from? :)

12:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tell u, this proves my theory about how the ladies from our grannys' time... all very terror tahan lasak type.

not like the siew ches now. see tikus also scream. see kacak also scream (like me lor).

ps: my ah Ma also made kick ass bak chang. but i only eat... never learn. too late now.. darn

1:47 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Geek: Ya, she geng chau. And I dun think my culinary skills are anywhere close to hers.

Yules: Yar man! If WW3 happens now, I doubt most girls of this generation can tahan! Hahahaha! Oh, lucky for me, my aunt makes kick ass bak chang... but she makes very few each time.

Every year I say must go to her house and learn, but every year tak jadi. Next year I must go, before too late!

2:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home