"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Oh boy...

One week to the KLIM Half Marathon and I'm so screwed.
I've been running a little more regularly in the past 2 weeks, but I guess it's kinda too little, too late.

Ran with AF and SF this morning from Bukit Aman to Sri Hartamas Petronas and back (20km). I was keeping a pretty steady rhythm for the first 10km. We made it to the Petronas station in pretty decent time. But the second half was considerably more painful. Half way back, I felt my right thigh muscles cramping up, my left foot was hurting again and my right knee felt a little wonky. So I walked up the hills and tried no to push too much. Ran when I could. Walked when I couldn't.

Now I doubt I'll be able finish the half marathon next week in 2:30 :(
I think I should start a little slower on race day. And do some steep incline interval training in the next few days before resting my feet and knees from Thursday onwards.

Gulp.
Meanwhile, ICE and STRETCH.

1 wandered by:

Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Blog-surfing and came across your page... Me says you should be doin easy runs this final week b4 KLIM. Better be slightly underprepared than overstrained... Good luck!!

3:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home